1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 EZV problem

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by slimquinella, Jan 15, 2012.

1. slimquinella

slimquinella Member
    from maine

i took my plow off so i could get some break work done to my truck, i went to put it back on today and i cannot get the plow on.
    When i line up and put the plow in the frame the truck is too high, i tried scraping snow off the drive way to lower the truck, but it was still too high. i tried to raise the jack stand on the plow but then it doesn't allow me too much room to push the frame in and lock the pins.

what should i do now? try to put a jack undwer the cross member of the plow frame and jack it up and in?

2. robertpkerrsr@h

robertpkerrsr@h Member

I may have had the same problem once if I understand you correctly. I couldn't get my plow on one time because the chain did not have enough slack. After fooling around with a jack I hooked up the electric stuff and put the plow in float and closed up the piston a little. This gave the frame more travel movement so it can be locked in. I hope this helps. You may have a different problem?

3. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Could be alot of things. Over the years I have had ice form in the push plates, plows sink into the gravel, forgetting to fully collapse the lift cylinder, switch plows between truck (with different heights). Ussally a floor jack helps alot.

4. slimquinella

slimquinella Member
    from maine

im thinking if i can get the blade up on some 2x4s and then it'll raise the whole frame up enough for me to engage the pins