1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 electric motor

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by camaro 77, Jan 18, 2010.

1. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

was out today plowing the driveway very wet and heavy snow was having alot of trouble stacking the snow just replace the pump ans shaft seal wondering if the motor is starting to act up and fail anyway to tell or what the plow is an 2005 cleaned it all up when the shaft seal failed just don't want to be stuck in a big storm anybody else have trouble stacking snow it an x blade straight if it matters

2. plowinginma

plowinginma Senior Member
    from MA

Did you replace the bushing when you did the seal?? ( Yes ... Yes .. for thoses that know how to stack snow...I know ... it has nothing to do with stacking snow).. but it can make a motor act up...

3. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

yes i did the bushing the plow just did not want to lift up with all the snow in front of it will driving forward was not sure if this is a sign that the motor was starting to go or the snow was just to heavy and was putting the hydro into a bypass cause it may have been building to much pressure from not being able to lift the plow hope this makes sense to you

4. plowinginma

from MA

yes I understand... The relief valve may need to be adjusted... it would really have nothing to do with the motor though... ummmm but todays Snow was extremely heavy today.. kinda like cement... I had a break down that I have never seen before.. ever and I have repaired thousand of plows.. all due to the wet heavy snow and many years of abuse...

5. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

I would love to adjust the quill but it is frozen so I would think that the pressure relief is frozen also

6. plowinginma

from MA

ahhhh A little FYI.. When you buy your next plow ... Take it appart and never sieze everything!!!

7. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

thanks so I was think about replacing my motor or at least get a spare to have should I get a fisher replacement or are there some in the aftermarket I thought I heard that there were a few different types going buy the top of the motor ??