1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mm2 drops too fast

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Ron G, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Hi all,

I have an MM2 straight blade, 2005 vintage on my F-250. Over the years the drop speed has gotten too fast for safety. I have located the "quill" adjustment---it's on the top corner of the valve body, not under the rear cover like people have mentioned here. I have 2 questions. First, how much do I turn it, clockwise or counter clockwise ??? Second, it's just a stud with a slot in it. Is there supposed to be a locknut at the bottom of the stud to lock it in place ???

RON

2. Kopper10

Kopper10 Sponsor

Hi Ron,

You can turn the quill clockwise about 1/2 turn and test it. Then just keep turning a half turn and testing each time until you get to the desired speed. It is supposed to be just a stud with a slot in it.

Take care.

3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

You are correct, it is on top corner of the straight blades. It is under the back cover of V blade and XLS.