1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mm2 Dead This Am

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Ron G, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Hi All,

I have a 2003 F-250 with a 1 year old HD 8 footer with a MM2. I decided to take it to work this AM, and when I tried to raise it this morning, all I heard was a slight click from my fishstick every time I hit one of the buttons. From what I've read here, most MM2 problems involve the 3 plugs up front. I went up front, and disconnected and reconnected the hydraulic control plug, and everything came back to life. At work today, I unplugged that plug, cleaned off all of the old dielectric grease, and put on some new grease. I figured that 1 of the 3 male pins in the plug was not making good contact with its' matching female receptacle in the mating plug. I took a pair of pliers and squeezed the rubber surrounding the female pins, but it didn't look like it did anything.

What do you guys do to get good contact between the male & female pins. How do you shrink the diameter of those female pins without screwing something up ???

2. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like you bought it new, your still under warranty, let your dealer fix it. If that is not an option, and the male plug has a splice in the end of the metal terminals, use a flat head screwdriver and spread it open a bit.
  3. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

never crimp the female side- asking for broken pins.

you do need to clean the pins every so often, and yes ALL MM's, 1 and 2 have issues from those plugs. The answer is to clean them, di-electric greas fore protection (as you have already done) and pin adjustment.

My local Fisher guys showed me what to do several years ago. They made a tool, which I copied- take a stubby flat blade screw driver, about 1/4 inch wide blade and grind the tip to a point. you want it to be basiclly a dull knife edge along the end, almost chisel type point. Use this to SLIGHTLY spread the male pin halves when you need to. Be gentle or you'll overspread the pins weakening them or break them all together. Leave the female side alone.