1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 controls sticking ON

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by grec-o-face, Jan 20, 2012.

1. grec-o-face

grec-o-face Senior Member

My MM2 / Fishtik is sticking ON. When I let OFF of the button (happens Left, Right and Raise) it keeps going. Not continuous, and not consistantly. Sometimes a little, sometimes a lot, sometimes it's fine.
    It will continue to go for a short period, then comes to an ubrupt stop.

If it's close-enough to a stop, it will still try (and strain its self).

I've tried my back-up fishtik and it has the same problem....

Any thoughts here????

2. grec-o-face

I'm going to pick up an under-hood solenoid.... I think that'll do the trick.

3. grec-o-face

Replaced the Old-Style "castle" shaped solenoid with a Brand New Round unit. It seams to be better --- I guess I'll know for sure tomorrow.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You likely got it with the UHS replacement Aaron but it would have also been a good time to upgrade to a Trombetta too. Of course you could still buy one and keep the other one for a spare. Not that you'd ever need it. :drinkup:

5. grec-o-face

Thanks for the confirmation Mike. I just went with a Fisher piece. Didn't know there was a hi-po replacement available....