1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 controller issues

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Hermon207, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Hermon207

Hermon207 Junior Member
    from Maine

So I've checked 30 something pages back and haven't found any threads in here with the same issue.

Whats happening is every so often the red light on my joystick box goes very dim and i have no control of plow. Doesn't go up, down, left or right. When i move the joystick the red light goes completely out. At first I figured it had to be an issue with a connection somewhere. I removed all connections, cleaned, greased and covered the ones on the motor and solenoid with battery protection spray that we use on the 18 wheelers at work. Still no luck. Light goes dim as it wants to and will come back on as it wants to. I'm curious if it could be the joystick box itself or if theres somewhere else to look. Also is there any way to test the joystick? I'm new to plow diagnostics but not new to mechanics. Thank you all for any help.
  2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Have you ever brought the plow and truck over to the fisher dealer and have them try your plow with one of there joysticks? Maybe a good idea that way you will get an idea if it's the joystick or your wiring.