1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 connector tricks??

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by DugHD, Dec 10, 2005.

1. DugHD

DugHD Senior Member
    from Maine

Have a 9' MM2 plow. It is having problems , it wont go down all the time. It will do everything else fine. I have been told to bend the pins in the connectors to fix. Is there any other tricks that are better? When this happens i can get out of the truck and just touch the connector and the blade drops. If there is no other idea i will bend the pins. This just seems like a good way to break the pins off. Thanks Doug

2. JElmWin

JElmWin Senior Member

Did you try applying some Dielectric grease?

3. dubeb31

dubeb31 Member

go to truevalue or home depot and buy some mini erwin clamps...the plastic ones...and put thn on there....they worked perfect on ours

4. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

If your connectors are worn, you can buy repair kits for either end.

5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Before you replace the ends, take a pair of channel lock pliers and give the plow side connector a few gentle squeezes, make sure all connections are clean on boht sicdes of the plugs and apply some dielectric grease.

6. DugHD

DugHD Senior Member
    from Maine

Wow, thanks for all the help so fast! I have tried dialelectric grease , i thought maybe i had it on to thick so i cleaned it out and applied a light coating. I think i will try a clamp method to keep the connector tight. Thanks again. Doug