1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 can't lower the blade

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by dzrick, Dec 16, 2007.

1. dzrick

dzrick Senior Member

This is my brothers, I took pictures seeing how I don't have the lingo down.

It goes left and right nice enough and I guess it went up at least until the was no more up to go.:help:

Can anyone point us in the right direction?

Good thing I got his old plow on my old beater or we'd all be snowed in by morning.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The S1 valve isn't opening... now you just have to figure out why..

Remove the plastic cover covering the valve/coil assembies on the rear of the pump unit. The S1 will be the one with the white/yellow wire.

Now, be very careful here... because if the valve suddenly "comes alive", the blade will drop! Put a jack stand under it.....

Use a metal object like a wrench or screw driver to check the coil for magnetize with the controller in the float position (ignition on also). Can you feel the coil pulling on the screw driver? If so then the coil and wiring are good but the valve isn't opening.. remove it and clean it real good and use a small screwdriver or pick to push in on the valve spool inside the valve. Can you easily push it in? If not, then it's stuck and your best bet is to replace it.

If you find it doesn't have magnetism, then either the coil isn't getting power (or ground) so you need to start checking your connections, or the coil itself is bad. Start at the wire connections at the coil checking for power and ground with a test light. If you find it doesn't have power at the coil, take a good look at the grill connecting plugs. Give them a real good cleaning and re grease them with di-electric grease.
  3. dzrick

dzrick Senior Member

Thank You B&B, very helpful.

I'll let you know how we make out.

4. dzrick

dzrick Senior Member

All set.

It turned out to be one of the connecting plugs was damaged last year when a couple kids playing around in the snow went head-on into my brothers plow.

Thanks a lot:nod: