1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mm2 brushguard

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by db27, Jan 15, 2008.

1. db27

db27 Member

Wondering if fisher is ever going to make a decent brush guard + lite bar for quick mounting to the mm2 frame?
    I have seen the fisher pro tube that bolts on the ears but thats just for looks and its chrome:p and doesnt even use the quick pin system:eek: our plow frames use.
    Hope fisher knows theres a market for this.

2. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I asked that question as well. It would be nice to have push bar that is totally functional. From answers at dealers I hear they though a minut mount type would grow legs and walk away so they went to a bolt on because 99.9 percent of people just buy them for looks. Also it less costly to make therefore they sell more.

If you want a real one I suggest looking for a bad MM1 frame and cut off the mounting points and weld on a setup that fits your needs. Like a Light, Push or Winch plate. I have been thinking of doing this for years I just haven't found a donner yet.

3. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Get some 2x4 rectangular tube. Then make a template off the plow and cut the end of the tube to fit the tuckside mount. I first did this to mount my leaf vac to the front of the dumptruck. Then after seeing how well it worked I have made a few brushguards and winchmounts using the same. I bolt mine with locking nuts, as I was afraid it would vanish in a parking lot. You can weld anything to the base, most mass produced brushguards mount to similiar locations on the frame so usually you can just cut them off and they will be the right spread to fit. I have access to a tubing bender so have made my own.

4. saber7

saber7 Junior Member

can we get some pics please?

5. Bernie Lomax

Bernie Lomax Senior Member

I'd love to see the pics.

I'm thinking of getting the Pro Tube. Does anyone have pics of it on your truck?

6. Bibbo

Bibbo Senior Member

got any pictures????:D:jester: id love to see some pics, sounds like you did a good job

7. Flipper

from CT

I'll get some. I know I have one of the leaf vac setup on my home computer, I think it was posted on Lawnsite.

I am probably going to put the brushguard on the dumptruck this weekend since snow looks doubtful.

8. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

you only have 17 posts and no pictures, did someone else post it for you? I too would like to see what you came up with because it does sound like quality work.

9. Flipper

from CT

I'm not Flipper on Lawnsite. That is someone from Atlanta.

10. Bibbo

Bibbo Senior Member

whats your lawnsite name? do you have the link to the thread by any chance? thanks xysport

11. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

ooops my bad:blush2: