1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 Blinkers Acting Weird

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by A-WayLawn&Snow, Nov 22, 2012.

1. A-WayLawn&Snow

A-WayLawn&Snow Junior Member

I installed a MM2 setup with a 3 port isolation module on a 01 Chevy 1500 about a week ago. The truck had nice little connnections already on the blinker/parking light wires that looked to be factory. So i just soldered on the right connection on the plow wiring harness and ran with it. When i got all done, all the lights worked but the blinkers. When either blinker was turned on, nothing would happen... the parking lights would just stay on. I wasn't too bothered by this so I just left it.

So fast forward to this morning. I was out tinkering with the truck and happened to turn on the right blinker. I noticed one of the blinkers was on, so i got out and saw that the left plow blinker was flashing. So then i turned on the left blinker and nothing happened... just parking lights like before. I left the left blinker on for about a minute, and then both parking lights went off (plow side only). The parking lights are completely off now... kind of seems like it blew a fuse or something.

I'm really not sure where to start. I checked the connections and they all seem good. I'm pretty sure the left and right plow blinkers are wired correctly to the left and right truck blinkers (blue wires on passenger, green on driver). I tried swapping the blinker and parking light wires where they connect to the truck, but ended up with the headlights flashing when the blinkers were turned on. The only thing i could think of is a bad ground. I'm just not sure where to start looking.

Anybody have any suggestions?

2. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

There are two fuse holders on the control harness, the 15 amp fuse is the park/ turn fuse, go back to your splice wires (park/turn signals) forget about guess work, get out a test light and turn your directionals on and find out for sure what wire is what, while your doing that confirm your marker light circuit also.

3. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

We tend to have filaments in direction bulbs break. I think it is due to vibration from plow causes some weird things to happen based on how filament breaks. I ussually change all the directional bulbs to start with then work from there.

4. A-WayLawn&Snow

A-WayLawn&Snow Junior Member

Well I figured it out and feel kinda dumb. I repainted the plow over summer and took it all apart. I had the left and right head lights mixed up... The marker lights were on the inside. A quick look at a pic of a plow on google confirmed they were supposed to be on the outside. Switched them around and cleaned up the connections and everything works like new.