1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 blade with play

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by serapis, Jan 5, 2010.

1. serapis

serapis Junior Member
    from Mass

Hello all. I have an 06 f350 with a MM2 plow that is about 3-4 yeqars old. When the blade is in the up postion it has alot of play and movement. For example, with the blade up, When I hit a bump in the road, my blade bounces around. I could walk up to it and wiggle it and it would move pretty good. I was thinking maybe the pins that connect it to the truck ont might be worn. I have no clue though. I really appreciate any help or insight. Thanks.

Andy

2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm pretty sure its meant to do that, mine does it as well. Its more of a rocking motion side to side right?

3. serapis

serapis Junior Member
    from Mass

Yes. It is more of a rocking motion. It just seems excessive, though. I am more concerned that it will cause un-needed wear on my front end from bouncing

4. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

plows get worn...my old MM1 had tons of movement even after I replaced the pins that connect the A frame to the truck side mount. Replace the pins if u need too