1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 Bent anybody seen this happen?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by roadrnnr, Mar 23, 2008.

1. roadrnnr

roadrnnr Member

I noticed the rod that goes through the jack leg would not go all the way in and upon further review I noticed that is was going through the hole in the jack leg but hitting the frame on the other side and just missing the hole.

I then noticed the flat piece the pump sits on was slightly bent right where the jack leg goes through it.

I hammered it down and got the leg rod to go through but now I am wondering if that piece is gonna be weak there and what I should or could do to fix it.

Any body else have their frame bend at that point?

I can not imagine what happened to bend that like that.

2. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Hard to picture it but, maybe you hit the jack leg when it was up on something like a curb stone when pushing the pile up. that would likely bend the pin rod, and then that flat piece of metal. Without looking at one of the plows but doesn't the pump mount to a side bracket on the headgear. pump doesn't sit on anything that I can picture. thats why I'm having trouble picturing it. If it's not hold the pump and it's just that little tap on the passenger side that the jack pin rod goes through. I would say hammered back is fine. since it's not a realy load and the rod isn't likely to slide out when it has the jack's weight on it anyways.

3. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

The jack stand seems to be the lowest point in the setup, even fully raised. I find that if any one point is going to bottom out on a dip in the road, it's the stand. Why mine hasn't bent to crap is a mystery to me. Mike W will surely attest to the jug handle at Burger King in north Nashua -- you lose your teeth every time.

4. BigLou80

BigLou80 Senior Member

I bent mine. My best guess about how I did it was by driving away with out putting it up. dumb I know

5. NorwayAuto&Plow

NorwayAuto&Plow Senior Member

We sell more jacks because people forget to put the jacks up! the best thing to do is take it off and heat it upp glowing red then take a pipe that fits around the whole jack and bend it down while the other end is in a vise. Good luck with that.