1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mm2 angles right when pressing left

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by sonnyny, Jan 12, 2012.

1. sonnyny

sonnyny Junior Member
    from vermont

It's a MM2 7'6" HD with a fishstick. It functions fine for the first 5 minutes of angling and then when pressing and holding angle left, the blade makes a bang and angles right. If I briefly pulse the left button for a few split seconds it will angle properly. If I continue and press raise, the pump will make a whining sound and not raise unless I pulse the raise button as above. If I shut it down for 10 minutes or so functions fine until it starts acting up again 5 minutes or so later.
    I did try changing the fluid thinking it was spent or low but it functions the same. I cleaned the plugs also. Seems like something is overheating causing a short? Nearest dealer is an hour away so no time for that. Anybody ever have a similar problem? Any help would be appreciated. :confused:

2. Sob

Sob Junior Member

Same problem with mine, just started this year, tonight actually. If i push real hard it will go left if not it goes right but when I let off button it will jump a bit to the right.

3. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Try a different controller

4. sonnyny

sonnyny Junior Member
    from vermont

Yep, bad Fish-Stick...plugged in my old joystick and plow functions perfectly. Fish-Stick control board heats up and sends a bad signal. I found several complaints about these on the web. I will be contacting Fisher and asking for a rebuild or new Fish-Stick free of charge. I know, probably wasting my time but it's only four years old with three years of very little use.

5. bswalks

bswalks Member

Had the same issue. It's the controller