1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 and lifted truck??

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 55cgas, Feb 20, 2015.

1. 55cgas

55cgas Member
    from NJ

I have an 04 Ram 2500 and am in the process of buying a used MM2. My truck has a 4" lift and 35" tires, is there anything I have to do to compensate for this? Thanks, Mike

2. 55cgas

55cgas Member
    from NJ

Meaning will I have an issue with the plow on my lifted truck? Is there anything I have to do to the plow to compensate for the height of my truck? I know Westerns can be configured for different truck heights, is it the same for Fisher's??

3. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

Where the plow has 3 rear holes, you will have to weld a plate and re drill the holes so that the a frame is level. I have posted pics of my set up if you search.

4. 55cgas

55cgas Member
    from NJ

Oh really? it's that involved? I won't work otherwise? That really sucks....

5. gtmustang00

from Berlin

The A-Frame won't be level. It will wear the cutting edge funny. Any welding shop can do it cheaply.

6. 55cgas

55cgas Member
    from NJ

Would you happen to know the MAX height that the frame can be on the truck to work properly?

7. gtmustang00

from Berlin

The max height of the pushplates is 19" from the ground to the center of the pushplate hole. This is a FMVSS regulation.

8. 55cgas

55cgas Member
    from NJ

Ok cool, before I do anything else, i'll put the push plates on and measure. Right now I have a western ultra mount frame on my truck, any idea if the holes in the Fisher push plates are the same height or close to the ultra mount holes?

9. gtmustang00

from Berlin

Not sure, that is what John Murphy at Fisher told me. I had asked about an extreme v, but the height requirements should be the same for all.

10. 55cgas

55cgas Member
    from NJ

Ok, sounds good. Thank you for you're help.

11. SIXINAROW1

SIXINAROW1 Junior Member

The middle of the holes for the pins to mount to the plow are 15.5/16in high My truck is stock with only new Bilstien shocks
    Btw I'm the guy selling you the plow

12. 55cgas

55cgas Member
    from NJ

I just measured the Ultra Mount frame on my truck, from the ground to the center of the pin hole is 20". Like I said i'm not sure how much different the Fisher push plates are compared to the ultra mount frame is, in regards to height of pin holes.