1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mm2 alignment ?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by speedy1wrc, Mar 11, 2014.

1. speedy1wrc

speedy1wrc Senior Member

I have an mm2 on my truck and it never seems to align vertically. I always have to wrangle it on and today I had to jack one side up to get the pins to go in.

When I detach the plow and move the lever down to pull the pins the truck pops up a bit. Then when I go to attach it, the truck frame extensions seem too high.

I am thinking I want to maybe drop the blade on a couple 2x4's to maybe adjust the angle of the whole unit?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  2. t.i.b

t.i.b Senior Member

tip the headger forward towards the blade when you go to hook the plow up.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  3. speedy1wrc

speedy1wrc Senior Member

I have it as far forward as it will go.

4. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Well here's two stupid questions that somebody is eventually going to ask... do you have the jack on the plow all the way down and is the lift cylinder fully compressed?

5. speedy1wrc

speedy1wrc Senior Member

I just went back and looked at a few YouTube mm2 videos and the only thing I see that stands out is that when I drop my stand it is tilted much more forward than any I saw?

6. speedy1wrc

speedy1wrc Senior Member

Yes to both.

7. t.i.b

t.i.b Senior Member

blocks under the plow wont help. next time you unhook the plow drive your front wheels onto 2x4s and unhook, then don't use the 2xs when you attach the plow. But tipping the headger forward slightly should angle the bottom of the plow up so that the push plates will slide in.

8. speedy1wrc

speedy1wrc Senior Member

The push plates do go in, but the holes on the truck side are maybe 1/2" higher than the pins. Rocking the headgear back doesn't raise the pins high enough to line them up.

9. myzx6

myzx6 Member

Do you have the safety chain hooked up when you are trying to mount up, sounds like the chain is too tight restricting full movement

10. speedy1wrc

speedy1wrc Senior Member

No safety chain

11. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Pretty sure he meant lift chain. If the plow goes into the mount you should be able to push it back to get pins to engage.

12. myzx6

myzx6 Member

I thought mm2 had the same ability to short chain as the mm1, am I wrong??

13. speedy1wrc

speedy1wrc Senior Member

Got it. With the blade lowered and the piston compressed there is a decent amount of slack in the lift chain. Pushing the headgear back the chains do not fully tension.

14. t.i.b

t.i.b Senior Member

The only other thing I can think of is the cable with the spring that pulls the lift triangle down is to tight. Or your just not driving in far enough,

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  15. speedy1wrc

speedy1wrc Senior Member

The cable is pretty tight. I was wondering that myself. As for driving in far enough, I tried that. The guide flanges are tight, no gap, so it is in as far as it will go.

Right now with all the snow it's staying on. As soon as it warms and melts so I can look underneath while hooking up I will experiment some more. I am going to try it in a different place. There is an ever so slight decline which I can't see making a difference, but you never know.