1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 a-frame bent????

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by stacks04, Dec 20, 2010.

1. stacks04

stacks04 Senior Member
    from ct

Hey folks, I posted about an issue I am having on here the other day. See here. Well after finding 4 bent angle ram pins and replacing them I am still having the issue where the blade doesnt hit the ground when angled right.

I had disconnected the plow at the shop (meaning nice level floors) and when I back the truck off, the head gear dropped significantly off to the right side. So when it gets hooked back up to the truck, the right side needs to be lifted up considerably to have the pin slide in. I have had an issue hooking this plow up to the truck since I got it last winter. I always have to fight to get the dam thing lined up right and got so frustrated last winter that after the 2nd or 3rd time of this aggravation I just left the plow on for the rest of the season. I had thought it was just a product of my yard being so sloped and a gravel driveway but never realized I never had these problems with my MM1 when I had it.

With the plow off the truck and sitting flat on the ground the blade sits nice and level using a 2 ft level. The back side of the a-frame sits about and inch or so low on the right side. I am assuming that it is a bent a-frame. Just not sure how common it is for that frame to bend and how else to check to see if it is in fact the a-frame that is bent.

Any thoughts or help would be mush appreciated.

2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I have seen a later minute mount 1 with the newer a-frame like the minute mount 2 bent so bad it looked like the plow was angled to the left.The best way to check it would be to take it off the plow itself and see how bad it is.I know he sent his to a welder to have it straightened and the welder beefed up while he had it and it looks good,and after he painted it you can't even tell.

3. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

they bend very easy we bent 3 last yr and took them off cut and plated them they have been fine since! good luck

4. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

A pic is worth a thousand words if possible.Check the pins connecting the A frame to the head gear,they are not in different holes are they?

And yes,A Frames bend!

5. stacks04

stacks04 Senior Member
    from ct

Okay thanks for the info guys. I removed and lubed the head gear pins when I did the angle ram pins and they are on equal settings. I also plowed yesterday and it seems to have gotten worse since last year. The drivers side of the mount will drive in easily and be in line equal height to the pin hole, but the pass side is always much lower. So much so that I have to drop the blade and have a 2x4 laying underneath the right corner of it to make the on off easier. We have some good looking weather here for a few days so I will remove the a-frame and bring it to a metal/welding shot and see if they can square it up.

6. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

You can certainly have it squared up but I suggest you conisder reinforcing it while it is apart or keep a very close eye on it. Twisted metal twists easier the 2nd time and 3rd time and....................

7. stacks04

stacks04 Senior Member
    from ct

Yes will do so. Is there any way you can post up a pic or email me one of where you did the reinforcement so I have something to show the metal shop guys. We have about 10 days of clear weather so I am going to disassemble this asap and get it done.