1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 9' XBlade motor runs, no action

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by xeonpro, Dec 10, 2009.

1. xeonpro

xeonpro Member

I have a 04-05ish MM@ 9' Xblade.
    Put the plow on yesterday and am, lifted it up to pull to pull out of my parking space. I proceeded to drop it and plow out my driveway, when I went to lift it did it veryyy slowly. Wouldnt angle right or left, the motor would sound like its winding up, but no movement in the plow besides a little nudge.

Brought it to the shop at my work, they said to drop it, wouldnt go back up after so had to use a jack and rechain it.

Any ideas what it might be? The motor sounds normal, almost like its not getting fluid, but the reservoir is full.

TIA, Chris

2. nichols

nichols Member

As I just learned last night with a similar issue, check your pump filter... if it's all sludged up, it could do exactly what you describe.

3. cda817

cda817 Senior Member

Change your fluid and filter it's frozen. The new breathers don't let the moisture escape and condensation forms and freezes then clogs the filter. I have the same plow and it did the same thing to me. Also change out the plastic breather for the old style metal one and you shouldn't have a problem again.

4. xeonpro

xeonpro Member

Hmm thanks. Will have to take it apart tonight.
    I changed the fluid and filter last spring.
    ...And here the thought the plastic breather was the better of the two by reading these boards! lol

5. cda817

cda817 Senior Member

I had the fluid changed by the dealer 3 weeks before mine froze up.

6. xeonpro

xeonpro Member

Tried it this am for curiosity before I took it off...worked fine. must have been frozen!

Now will it freeze everytime it gets cold, or was it just a freak accident because moisture got caught up in the intake?

7. cda817

cda817 Senior Member

More than likely it will freeze again because that moisture is still in there. Doesn't take long to change the fluid you don't have to change the filter because it thawed out. I'd rather change the fluid now than have to drain it and change the filter during a storm.