1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 8' HD Newbie questions

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by DannyboyUpstate, Nov 17, 2011.

1. DannyboyUpstate

DannyboyUpstate Junior Member

Hey fellas! First post here. This is my first plow, and I'm just starting to get it figured out. I'm piecing together a setup for my 2002 2500HD.

I bought a 2007-ish MM2 8' HD plow from an acquaintance of mine. It appears to be in awesome shape.

My first question is: The PLOW has 3 plugs on it. An 11-pin male that heads to the headlights, an 11-pin female that heads to the hydraulic block, and a 2 pin for the battery power. When I go to the Fisher site, it says I'm supposed to have a 3 pin going to the hydraulic block. Does it just use an 11-pin female on the plow that hooks into the 3-pin on my vehicle harness?

Confusing question, I know, thanks for hanging in there with me.

Question 2: I bought a complete 4-port isolation module and associated wiring harness which is for my truck. Will that work with the plow I have even though the previous truck that the plow came off of, had a 3-port isolation module?

Question 3: Will the fish-stik controller work on my 4-port isolation module and harness??

Thanks a lot guys!
    :mechanic:

2. Question One: Yes. What appears to be an 11 pin female is only a 3 wire control harness for the plow side. They make it 11 pins so you can plug your headlight harness into the control harness when the plow is off the truck to protect it.

Question Two: Yes

Question Three: Yes

3. DannyboyUpstate

DannyboyUpstate Junior Member

Thanks Motorman! I appreciate the help!

4. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Take a look at the owners manual on page 108 to see how its setup.Welcome to plowsite!