1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM11 on 93 dodge. no low beams, 1 high!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by tobaccogrower, Jan 17, 2011.

1. tobaccogrower

tobaccogrower Junior Member

decided to turn my farm truck into my plow truck. picked up the push plates and all wiring for $600. had it all mounted up and working in a afternoon.

only problem is i only have 1 high beam on the driver side and half a low beam(dim) on the passanger side and driver low has power but is super dim! i checked all connections and still the same. took known good isolation module out of my other truck and same thing. got a configureation plug. tried it bolth ways and still the same. it was horrable plowing the last noreaster with 1 high beam. hopfully somone here can lend a hand. headlights are old single pb2. TIA for any advise!
  2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Have you checked all your grounds to make sure they are tight? Any paint should be ground off for a good connection.Another thing have heard of is connector on the plow being corroded inside and cleaning them with a very small wire brush.
  3. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

What are the light harness part #'s? What model Dodge? What vehicle headlight type?
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

exactly my thoughts, I would first determine if you have the right components for your truck. I assume for $600 you got these used?
  5. snowman123

snowman123 Senior Member

I had the same problem on my ford truck the wiring harness was set up for a dodge so i just changed the wires around so it would work for ford. You probably bought a harness that came off of a ford and is going on your dodge so you would have to change your wires around also if that's the case.
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  6. tobaccogrower

tobaccogrower Junior Member

thanks for all the replys guys! great people, great site!

i found the problem. the harness that plugs into the #2 port on the 4 port iso had a split wire right at the vehical/plow connector. $174 from dealer. everything works like it'supposed to now. got it fixed just in time for the ice storm here in conn.
  7. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

A good way to protect the wiring at that vulnerable breaking point where the wires meet the plug is to cut a 3 to 4 inch piece of rubber heater hose, slice it open diagonally and place the harness inside of it, butt it up against the plug and then wrap the s#&t out of it with black electrical tape, not only does it keep the wires from breaking it also acts as sort of a handle, do this to the 3 pin vehicle control harness also, the dealer got you for $175 for that 11 pin light harness, that's nothing compared to what he'll charge for a new control harness.