1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mm1

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by superduty02, Oct 24, 2015.

1. superduty02

superduty02 Junior Member

Would a MM1 plow from the 90s fit on a 2002 ford f250? if I got push plates for that truck would the plow fit. this plow also does not have a motor because its bulid for it to be in the truck. could I add a motor and pump to the plow frame and still have it work.

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Let me start by saying I am not real well versed on some of the older stuff. I thought all the older Fisher plow with engine mount pumps were a conventional mount not MM1. This style the headgear stayed on the truck. If it is an actual MM1 plow MM2 mounts will work with it. And yes a SEHP pump could be added and the correct wiring to get away from the engine driven pumps. You could go with an inst act pump with some fabrication but this will be a much more expensive option.

3. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

If I remember right the early mm1 plows had engine driven pumps. I'm sure you can fab up something that will work for you but honestly you might be further ahead picking up a newer plow. Considering the cost of parts and the time it takes to fab everything together you might actually spend less on a newer setup