1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM1 wont go down

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by nogoodram, Feb 8, 2010.

1. nogoodram

nogoodram Member
    from RI

hey guys, i need some help once again.

i have an 8 foot minute mount one setup. 3 plug, insta act pump.

the hydraulics work fine and i recently changed all the oil. i havent used it yet this year so its been sitting a while. i just hooked it up and it goes left/right/up quickly and smoothly. but it wont go down. i had the blade on the ground with plenty of slack in the lift chains and i put a prybar on the raising piston and forced the piston down easily without touching the joystick. then i raised it back up and now its supporting the full weight of the plow and it wont go down. any thoughts of advice? thanks!

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

It could be your controller, a malfunctioning coil or cartridge, or a tight packing nut.

Pull, clean and inspect the S1 cartridge. Swap out controller if you have a spare, or swap with a friend if they have one. Loosen the packing nut a tad and see if it makes a difference. I'll post a few tests in alittle bit, you should be able to chase the problem down.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  3. RepoMan207

from Maine

Check your connection at the grill. Clean and inspect it thoroughly.

Check the wires that connect to the actual cartridge coils, especially the S1. Make sure it has a good tight fit.

It's a good idea to pull, clean and inspect the cartridges while your right there....especially the S1 valve.

With the plow connected and the key in the on position, hold the down button for a few seconds to get it into float mode. Then check the S1 cartridge for magnetism.

Oh and...Keep your toes away from the blade just in case.

4. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

Mine did that It was a bad connection at the grill plug

5. Averysdad

Averysdad Member

Same for me. I was able to get mine down by using a jump wire from the battery to the coil. Then I ended up replacing the connection plug on the plow side.

6. TONY labounty

TONY labounty Junior Member

hello-if it wont go down sound like you have a stuck cartrige-or no power to cartrige 1

7. Not for nothing, Dude, but it's mid February and this is the first time you've checked the plow to see if it works???? Yikes.

8. nogoodram

nogoodram Member
    from RI

thanks guys! i was able to find a bad connection. bad plow-side wiring. thanks again for the help

9. nogoodram

nogoodram Member
    from RI

haha i know right! i was actually in an accident in december (smashed by a drunk driver) and my truck was totalled. so i had to process insurance and find a new truck and then pull the plow off of the old truck and switch it over to my new truck and before i knew it it was february! this is the first chance i've had to get it up and running on the new truck. anyway, its all squared away now just in time for the next big storm. thanks for the help

10. RepoMan207

from Maine

I'm tellin'.........lol

I've seen that plate many of times. Is it your's?

sebago plate.JPG

sebago plate.JPG

11. Sure is...

I've had it for years on my "Maine" car. I doubt you've seen it much because it's only there "in season" and it wasn't there at all last year. There are several similar and identical ones around though from other states and you being located right near us, you've probably seen them.

You were going to PM me with some webcam stuff....you slackin' or what? It can't be from plowing. Quite a drought up there, eh? We're supposed to get a good dump here today/tonight.

12. Just messing with you. You guys are supposed to get slammed. Hope you stay up and running.