1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM1 Won't do anything...

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Eggie329, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Eggie329

Eggie329 Senior Member

I'm new to Fisher products. I needed an extra truck at the last minute this winter and got a truck for a steal, but it was set up with a Fisher. I usually stick with Western equipment, but noticed a lot of similarities with Fisher. When I got the truck home the plow was in the back of the truck. I got it out and got it on the truck. Put all the connections on and got nothing. Not even the controller has power.

Does the controller get its power from the plow on a Fisher?

I noticed there is no fuse for the controller that I could find on the truck side like I have with the Westerns. Any help is appreciated or any other pointers you have for getting familiar with Fisher.

Thanks

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Need more information on the plow.....two or three plug? I'm guessing its the one on the '96 Dodge in your signature?

3. Eggie329

Eggie329 Senior Member

It's a 2 plug set up. And yup its on the 96' 2500

Thanks

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I know you say there is no fuse....but have you followed the small wire that runs off the end of the controller harness near where the controller is located in the cab? No fuse still? Is it hooked up to a power source and have you checked it for 12v?

Your not getting any lights on the plow either?

5. Eggie329

Eggie329 Senior Member

Can't find a fuse off of the controller yet. The plow lights and everything are dead. I'm going to pull it in the shop as soon as I fix the heat so I can get a better look at everything. It's bitter cold out there!

6. Eggie329

Eggie329 Senior Member

Part of my problem looks like my solenoid doesn't have a good connection. It seems very corroded and hard to get the tester to read on it. Even if I could get the controller to work, doesn't look like the solenoid will engage. I have extras so I will try swapping it. Does anyone have a diagram of the wire harness and what each pin does? Thanks

7. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Which harness? You need to find the 12 volt supply and both fuses to begin with. I'm on my laptop right now, but I'll get you a overview map so you can check them.

8. ramrod98

ramrod98 Member
    from NEPA

fuse wire should come off controller that is in cab. small square white connector off of controller box. i think the bottom right side corner of that connector is the power wire. the other side of the connector has an inline fuse going to your 12 volt system to power the controller, etc.

9. Eggie329

Eggie329 Senior Member

Thanks guys! I found the fuse. Ended up being inline just like on my Westerns, but this one had a few feet of extra wire and was zip tied far up into the dash. Fuse is good, but no power, so I'll jump it to a 12 volt source and see what happens.

10. Eggie329

Eggie329 Senior Member

Looks like I'm making slow, but steady progress. Hooked the hot to the controller up to 12 volts and got a good 13 volt reading right up to the controller. It took a Western controller and connected it and got I really dim and weak light, but it was getting a little power. Every tried to move the joystick the light would go out completely (except for down). So it looks like every time I try to engage the solenoid it kills the little power the light gets. After this I put the Fisher controller back on and the light did the same thing, I just didn't realize it until now since it is so dim. I also checked the grounds and everything looks good except the main power to the plow reads 12 volts on the ground when everything else reads at least 13.5... I temporarily stumped so any ideas are appreciated. I suppose I'll grab some coffee and go stare at it for an hour pretending I'm thinking!!!