1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM1 wobble....

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 02powerstroke, Oct 13, 2009.

1. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

My MM1 L style blade has a wobble issue do I need to weld the holes closed and redrill or what. Anyone has tips for this? I thought about drilling the right size holes in plates and welding them above the existing holes

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Some wobble is normal, actually desirable. It allows to plow to conform to variations in the terrain.-

3. 02powerstroke

umm i dont think its supposed to move this much I can take a video if you want

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Wouldn't hurt.

5. 02powerstroke

Id say its a good 2-3" wobble

6. MRBachand

MRBachand Senior Member

If its your center pin hole thats shot, best thing I know to do is weld some large washers with the desired (probably 1") hole to add beef, a plate may be too large. Do same at the bottom. CPW also sells a 8" pin made by fisher for the main pivot. Probably for that reason.

7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I presume that's at the ends of the blade with it up in the air? That's nothing.

8. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I watched a friend put a brand new pin setup on his plow this summer. He has alot of welding experience, so he made it look really easy. It cured the problem. He immediately raised the plow and I slammed down on one side. There was still obviously movement, but not anything like it was.

9. 02powerstroke

10. RepoMan207

from Maine

Try again.....it was all gibberish.

11. 02powerstroke

it works now

12. RepoMan207

from Maine

"This video is private."

13. RepoMan207

from Maine

I have to spend some time on there and bump up my skills. I'ld like to start making some videos of my own.

14. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

It says I need to log in.

15. 02powerstroke

fixed
    sorry

16. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

That's nothing. I mean nuthin. You desperately need a cutting edge though. Go much longer and that plow will be scrap metal.

17. RepoMan207

from Maine

I have seen worse. I would try a new pin first. When I replaced mine last year you could see how egged it was.

18. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

That's the same as my MM1. Probably a little worn but nothing that will adversely affect function of the plow.

19. 02powerstroke

its in the bed of the truck and thats why I have the plow on pulled up to the shop tonight :redbounce I'm doing all these posts inbetween heating bolts (god I love having a computer in the shop)

20. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Thats normal. When the ends will almost touch the ground in the raised position is when it's time to worry. Leave it as is.