1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM1 with intensifire head lights?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ngghd92, Jan 13, 2011.

1. ngghd92

ngghd92 Junior Member

i was told by a local fisher dealer that you cant put the new intesifire head lights on my mm1. i know the intesifres have there own harness but can i just splice them into the mm1 harness? i also know id have to redo the the mounting plate. has anyone done this?

2. If you have the 11 pin lighting harness, you can "plug and play" with the Intensifiers. I have a MM1 with the 4 port Iso Mod and I did it.

3. JustinD

JustinD Senior Member

You will also need to extend the frame to accept the larger light.

4. ngghd92

ngghd92 Junior Member

yea my plows a 9 pin. so thats a no? i dont mind cutting and splicing and all that stuff

5. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

There is a kit to adapt your existing wiring to the new lights. I did mine and it was easy.
    For the frame extensions I used a piece of angle iron and drilled 2 holes; 1 to correspond with the existing hole which also locks the piece in place when the first stud is tight, the 2nd for the other stud on the light. CPW has the kit.

6. ngghd92

ngghd92 Junior Member

thank you for you help.