1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mm1 winds up but doesn't pick up

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by hc_treeclimber, Feb 8, 2009.

1. hc_treeclimber

hc_treeclimber Junior Member

when I hit my control up or side to side the pump winds up like it's going to pick the plow up but doesn't move it. When I drained the fluid it was like a baby blue color not very dark like the fisher oil if anybody could help me that would be great thanks

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Stating which pump your working with would help. Insta-act? SEHP?

Three common causes

1) O-ring under gear pump blown out.
    2) Filter plugged up
    3) If it's an Insta-act the pickup fell off the pump.

3. hc_treeclimber

Sorry, its an insta-act and I have it all torn apart and not really sure what I am supposed to be looking for but I have the main piece out the has a shaft that spins and it all seems to spin just fine you can look inside and see some little gears and all those seem to be moving fine. not to sure what else to do I took it all apart because the vent cap was broken and I was told that water got in the pump and caused it to turn that color and would cause the pump not to engage and I took the black tube off that has a filter on the end of it and the filter was completely clogged not sure if that would make the pump wind up and not pick the plow up or move it left or right there was also an o-ring that was broken and that was located on one of the valves that has a solenoid type thing hooked to it, it was underneath a black box on the the pump assembly and there was three of them. one with a green wire,one with white and the other with blue and they all had a black and orange wire hooked to them

Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Clean the filter and correctly reassemble the pump and it'll work. The clogged filter is what stopped it.

5. hc_treeclimber

Thanks for the help I did what you said and just got it all back together and it works thanks again