1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM1 Vplow set up ?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by vmj, Jan 13, 2013.

1. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

A place near me is selling a Vplow setup. Just the front half,for $2000 Wondering what would be needed on the truck side to work this plow since i have a straight blade now. Wondering what all the cost would be, if it's worth it to do, and if the plow set up is worth 2000 or not. Thanks

2. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

put up a couple pics of the plow but a mm1 v is not worth 2000 u can get a mm2 v for that more like $1500 would be a better price. u need to change the control harness and control $250 for the harness and $300 for a new control or about $150 for a used one

3. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

i knew the control. the harness Is that just the wires from the black box to the cab or the black box too? Right now i do not have any pics..

4. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

You'd also need the correct pump. A 3-hose pump will not work.

5. Morrissey snow removal

it has the right pump on the off truck yes its the wire that goes to the control iso mod and to the plow

6. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

K i didnt think the control mod was the same... So it's just wires and a hand controler... I have to c if i can talk them down on the plow price....... Then hopfully sell mine!

7. Morrissey snow removal

yes the iso mod is the same talk him down atleast $500 unless its like a brand new plow

8. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

Thank!!!!!!!!

9. Morrissey snow removal

10. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Oh he said front half so I thought just the blade halves and A frame...

11. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

I have both and honestly the mm1 is pretty much the same as a 2, but you don't have the stupid one lever system that always hangs up, easier IMO to pull each pin individually. It will be a 3 wire system if your truck has a 3 wire already I think (it was a while since I switch mine from a 9' straight blade to the V), it was just the controler wire into cab and the control wire to plow, lights & power stay same I believe.

12. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

I have to see if i can taalk them down from there price of 2000, but i would like a V plow since i do a copple of parking lots that have cars in them at times,,, Not sure if they will budge ...

13. Morrissey snow removal

look on craigslist there is a couple mm2 8.5 v plows for $2000

14. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Am I the only one who thinks $2000 is an awful lot of money for an ez vee? Like Morrisey said, craigslist or ebay.

15. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

I agree with $2000 being to high as well, I saw back in November on craigslist an MM1 8'6 V (blade side) for $1200, looked good in the pics. You often see MM2 EZ V's reasonably priced.