1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM1 V plow questions

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 6bt, Jul 16, 2014.

1. 6bt

6bt Junior Member

Hi guys,

I've had 3 speedcasts and 1 western over the years and worked on other brands as well.

Got tired of freezing last winter in my open cab Bobcats plowing mine, my neighbors farm and my parents driveway, So I've been looking this summer for a reasonably priced MM1 plow.

I've located a MM1, 8-8.5" (not sure which) v plow. Isn't the best looking, but owner claims it works fine. It is a complete setup, controls, wiring, push plate etc.
    Owner is pretty sure its for an '04 Dodge 2500. He is asking $1500 for everything.

My truck is a 1998 Dodge Ram 2500, Cummins, 5 speed. He thinks the mount will fit my truck, I don't think it will, but I've located a MM1 mount for my truck as well. I could always sell the newer mount to cover the cost of the mount that fits my truck.

Does this setup sound reasonable? I'm a heavy equipment mechanic by trade, I don't mind messing around some to make things work, especially when its nice out side.

I've also located a 8' straight blade MM1 setup in similar condition off a truck identical to mine. He's asking $1000. For an extra $500 I think I'd rather have the V blade and a little hassle.

What do you guys think? Anything I'm missing here?
  2. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

The mount for an 04 won't fit a 98 so you'll need the right mount. As far as the vee it's 8.5' and I think you might need to do a little tweaking to get the headlights wired up but that would be a good plow for your truck. Definitely go with the vee plow, you won't regret it. I logged thousands of hours behind a MM1 vee and honestly it never let me down.
  3. BoondockerEquip

BoondockerEquip Junior Member

Does your 1998 have the sport package? If it does, you will have 4 headlight bulbs instead of 2 which means you will have to buy different light harnesses (#3 and #4). Your frame on the 1998 is completely different than the 2004 so you will have to buy the correct one. The frame plate kit you need is part number 7157 and fits 1994-2001/2002 Dodge 1500, 2500 and 3500. Here is a link to the cover page of the installation instructions (http://www.zequip.com/store/media/fisherpartimages/7157.jpg). I am from Syracuse as well and would be interested in the frame plates that you have that won't work.