1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mm1 v plow not holding its position can anyone help

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by nts, Oct 22, 2009.

1. nts

nts Junior Member
    from MN

hey i hope someone can help me out i be greatfull it someone could. I have a MM1 8'6 v-plow and that when i put it in to any of the position the plow will not hold its position in slowy retracts back, On my joy stick if i hit the position modes like scoop,vee or strait the plow moves just fine, but if i just try to move one wing at a time it moves really slow and strains the motor and the battery voltage barries to the ground . Im pretty knowledgeable with plow and i have the the following: changed the fluid, replaced coils and tested them and tested the valves all of them and replaced the seal on them. This plow has been a pain in the butt it did come off a 1997 ford f-350 and work just fine when we tested it on the truck and that when i hooked up the plow to my 1994 chevy 1ton dually 4x4 i bought all new wiring for my truck. so i guess my question is why does it not hold position? why does the plow moves fine in the mode postion but not if u try to move one wing at a time? if anyone can help i will be greatfull my first time owning a fisher.

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Did you do this prior to having the issues or after?

3. nts

nts Junior Member
    from MN

mm1 v-plow problem

i did all the thing to it after i had the problem . thanks

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I think some of the EZ-V plows had problems with metal shavings in the valve body. You may want to completely disassemble and clean it out.

5. nts

nts Junior Member
    from MN

mm1 v-plow problem

thanks for answering back so soon ill have to try that and ill keep you posted and let you know if it turned out thanks again

6. nts

nts Junior Member
    from MN

mm1 v-plow problem

i forgot to ask when i clean the valve body what should i do with the cartridges? if there is metal shavinging in the valve body? thanks again

7. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I'm not sure if there is a specific procedure, but when I disassembled my SEHP, I simply laid them out on a clean rag, and lubed the O rings with hyd. oil before reinstalling. Make sure to take note to markings, if you can't determine which is which when you pull them, it would be best to also lay them out systematically so you know which one goes where.

While you are removing them, double check S4 & S6 for the following wear or damage.

cartridges.jpg

cartridges.jpg

8. Hometown Lawn C

Hometown Lawn C Junior Member

What you need to do is replace the ram arms, i have the ez vee and had the same problem, fisher had an outside company machine them. i had mine replaced and have had no problems since.