1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM1 straight to MM1 V?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by heavychevy01, Oct 16, 2009.

1. heavychevy01

heavychevy01 Member

Intrested in switching out my MM1 straight to a MM1 V. Wondering what would be involved or would it be worth it? This is the plow I am looking at.

http://albany.craigslist.org/cto/1424154274.html

Looks like it is in decient shape, just needs some paint. Not sure yet what kind of truck it came off. I have an email in to the guy. But if i did buy it,would it hook up to my current push plates so i can short chain it to get it home? Or would it only line up if it was off the same body style truck (88-98)? Thanks in advance for the help.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Connect, short chain it and go as it'll fit your current mount. You will need some truck side wiring changes to make it operate though.

3. heavychevy01

heavychevy01 Member

Thanks for the reply B&B! Do you happen to know how extensive it would be to convert the truck side wiring? Obviously I would need a new controller. Are we talking thousands to do it or a couple hundred?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The changes that would be needed and the costs involved would depend on whether the truck is two or three plug and the same with the plow.