1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM1 Solenoid activation problem

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by tjp249, Jan 20, 2014.

1. tjp249

tjp249 Junior Member

Have a MM1, 3 Plug/4 port iso setup. Bought it used and installing on a new vehicle.

I get power to the controller, but the solenoid never engages (I never get 12V to coil side of solenoid. I do hear clicking at the plow side when engaigin directional controls, and if I apply 12V to the solenoid coil it will energize and I can get hydraulics to engage.

So, do I have a bad 4 port module or is there something I'm missing?

2. jshocik

jshocik Member

Have you tried a different solenoid? Sounds like when you jump it, everything works. I'd try a different one to see what happens.
  3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Check pins at control connector. If possible try another control.
  4. tjp249

tjp249 Junior Member

Thanks for the responses,

After downloading the schematic from Fishers website it definitely is a control issue and not the iso. Dug into it and I have a bad 10 pin to 6 pin controller adapter. Wiring harness is for V plow, and I have straight plow & controller). one pin is open.