1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM1 Self Bleeding?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by SolsticeLandscp, Feb 24, 2013.

1. SolsticeLandscp

SolsticeLandscp Junior Member

Hi all,

I have an older mm1 and was trying to bleed some air out of the system. I have read that it is self bleeding but I don't see any vent cap or other areas for air to escapes when I move the rams back and forth with the lifting ram down. Any ideas? Below is a picture of the plow in question.

plow pump.JPG

plow pump2.JPG

2. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

Fill it up and run it threw the motions. Up ,Down , left and right . Check it to make sure its full. Your done

3. SolsticeLandscp

SolsticeLandscp Junior Member

thanks for the info. Out of curiosity, where does the air go?

4. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

It goes into the pump housing then comes out the cap when you fill it the second time.

5. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

It also helps to hang the plow off a curb or something similar and angle back and forth a few times to get all the air out of the angle pistons.

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Theres the level plug that you need to take off