1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM1 SEHP Removal Question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by JimMac, Feb 24, 2008.

1. JimMac

JimMac Junior Member
    from MA

Hi all-new to this site- I own a 96 Ford with a 9' heavy duty fisher plow. The SEHP pump
    is leaking where the bottom is bolted on with 2 cap bolts. The problem is the 1" x 4 1/2" clevs pin is frozen to the bottom of the SEHP pump connecting coverplate. I tried with mapp gas heating and hammering to the point of bending the ears it slides through. Do you think acetaline torch will make it hot enough to loosen? I also used PB blaster lubricant. Because this clevis is frozen and will not pivot, the SEHP pump rips out the
    9/16" cap screw (Stripped) so now I will have to tapp new threads for next larger size bolt.
    This causes the unit sel to leak & failure to raise/lower--My problem is how to loosen the
    frozen clevis pin? Thanks for any ideas JimMac.