1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM1 screeching noise

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by XRX225, Dec 10, 2009.

1. XRX225

XRX225 Junior Member
    from NH

I just bought a used mm1 and used it for the first time yesterday. Last night, after plowing some fairly heavy wet snow, it stopped working altogether....no up, down, left or right....nothing. I let it sit overnight and now it works, but quite often makes a screeching noise coming from the SEHP hydraulic unit above the fluid tank. The only way to get rid of the noise is to disconnect the large wiring harness. I replaced the 2 hoses and drained and replaced the fluid a month ago with the blue stuff that NAPA recommended for my plow. Is this an easy fix, or do I need to bring it in to a Fisher repair shop?

2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like your motor may have overheated and is no good. I'm not an expert but it just sounds that way.