1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM1 Questions

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Yme, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Yme

Yme Junior Member

Hi Guys

Thanks for having me, I am new to this site.

I have a MM1 plow that just stopped working. Will not lift or angle but the motor whines. I suspect the screen is plugged. I have the pump off and I am planning to pull it apart. to clean. I would also like to change the fluid in the rams. None of the info I have shows how to service the plow fluid. Can some explain the proper process for changing out the fluid?

Also, where is the best place to buy parts on line?

Thanks in advance
    Pat

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

3. Yme

Yme Junior Member

Thanks for the reply Ryan. I have the Instact. I pulled the sump off the pump and both the pickup and return were clean. I am planning to check the soleniods today and flush the rams. Hopefully I will discover the problem. It's heading to 40 degrees here this weekend so I may have a break here.

Pat

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

It could of failed for MANY reasons, your best bet is to do exactly what your doing, then see where you stand from there.

Here is a your manual for that pump. I would download it, it comes in very handy when you need help in a hurry.

Let me know how you make out, There are several of us on here that would be more then happy to give you a hand at any point.