1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mm1 question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by vmj, Dec 23, 2009.

1. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

i have an older MM1. If i'm pushing with the blade straight along a pile or into a pile the plow will angle on it's own. I've changed the fluid, and put in new cushion valves into manafold. What else could it be?

2. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

thanks.....

3. plowinginma

plowinginma Senior Member
    from MA

Well you could narrow it down by which way it folds... Could be a bad piston.. but you would see fluid leaking out the top... bad cartridge.. unlikely the culpret.. a cross over is not seating properly..( if you have new ones).. out of adjustment ... or the popet ..

4. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

It just angles on its own?

5. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

It Angles to either side that i am pushing snow on. I checked the valves out and they are working properly

6. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

cross over relief set to low

7. plowinginma

from MA

+1 they need to be a little tighter for sure...sounds like they are evenly out of adjustment...

8. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

My atv plow did that when I did latch the manual angle lock properly. Of course, that has no pistons though. I almost was going to say it was something low pressure last night but I wouldnt have helped because even if I could tell you your problem I havent a clue how to fix it. ;)

I have no insight to offer, but I would trust Crash395, he is very well educated with Fishers.

9. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

My plow does the same thing. Where is the adjustment?

10. plowinginma

from MA

the cross over relief valves are located on both sides of the manifold block..

11. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

I adjusted both of those and it din,t help so i bought new ones figuring the springs were worn but that did,t help either.....

12. plowinginma

from MA

did you replace the whole valve or just the springs? does it still fold both ways? or just one way? do you have fluid out the pistons? the only other thing could be a popet valve .. or your pressure relief valve is not right either.. I suppose you could check to make sure S2 is working.. there really is not much else that can cause that problem.. unless it is one of those one and a million wierd problems... I am curious to know.. and will help you work it out..

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  13. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

I bought the repair kit spring and all for it.No matter which way i screwed them in the plow still gave away both sides.I Change the fluid and drain the pistons, and i have no leaks. I pulled out all three valves and checked them for movemeny and also cleaned them. Thanks for ur help...

14. plowinginma

from MA

well only 2 are cross over valves.. the third is the pump relief valve.. also by saying that you replaced (just the spring?).. morethan likely the whole thing.. The little balls can get a flat spot on them and have that same problem..I am not sure if they come with instruction but they must be screwed all the way in then backed off...(to seat the ball)...Also make sure you have all the parts in proper order.. I think they may have a little instruction page with the kit..(I am not doubghting your ability just trying to rule out what could be wrong).. The only other thing left is the popet valve.. And they you have S2.. nothing other than a cracked manifold as far as I know of can cause this problem..You could check S2 oring make sure its ok.... Or see if the coil still has power to it keeping it open ...I sent you a PM if you would like I can try to walk you through all the tests in more detail if ya still haven't got it figured out..

15. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

I bought the hole kit and installed it in the right order.. backed it out 1 1/2 turns which the dealer said and adjusted it from there with no luck.. What is the popet valve? and S2 and when i check valves coils were working to ativate valves..

16. plowinginma

from MA

The popet valve Is located on the left side and the left front side of the manifold..(looking at it standing in front of the blade).. They are the allen head plug.... You must take out the the front first the left side second.. and install in the reverse order..that has to be it.. And yes 1 1/2 turns is correct.. ( most of the time You could go to 1 1/4 and be ok) .. S2 is the middle cartidge.. Check and make sure the oring is not damaged.. Also check the make sure there is no power to that coil when you have no plow function..(you can simply take a screw driver to see it the coil is activated if you dont have a test light)..

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  17. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

Iwill check the coil tomarrow... What does this popet valve do and if i remove them what am i looking for an do i count the turns? Thanks