1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM1 pump motor question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by edosher, Jan 12, 2005.

1. edosher

edosher Member

The other day while I was servicing my plow (8' Fisher MM1), I went to clean the positive and negative terminals on the pump motor and stripped the negitve stud inside the motor. I was able to tighten the stud to where I can use my plow, but I know that it will have to be repaired shortly. I tried to find an exploded diagram of the motor on Fisher's web page, but no luck yet.
    So I guess that my question is that A: Can the stud be removed externally without damaging the motor?
    B: If I have to tear down the motor and repair the stud, here can I find a diagram of the motor?
    I really didn't like what my local dealer told me that the whole motor and pump assembly has to be replaced and there is not a rebuild kit avalible for either one.
    Any help would be great.....

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

A: you cannt remove the stud without doing damage.
    B: fisher and western do not have a break down of the motor, they consider it a replaceable part.

Fisher doesnt offer a rebuild kit for the motors, but with it being a Bosch or Prestolite motor, pretty much any Alternator/starter repair shop should be able to rebuild it for you. Dealers will not tell you that it is rebuildable because most shops are not able to rebuild them, and they make the $$ on selling you new parts.

3. Snow Picasso

Snow Picasso Senior Member

You can have the motot rebuilt!

I just had my motor rebuilt on my fisher! They just want to sell you another motor.The same thing happened with my neg. stud.By the way ...Does your Fisher move side to side pretty fast or slow. Let me know! Trying to figure out why it's so slow. Already rebuilt the motor and replaced the Hydraulic pump. Still slow!Good Luck , PicassSnow

4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Check your pump relief setting if your getting slow movement.