1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM1 problems please help!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by hc_treeclimber, Feb 7, 2009.

1. hc_treeclimber

hc_treeclimber Junior Member

I have a mm1 and everthing to do with wiring is brand new,the plow will only go down from the controller it will not move up,left,or right unless you hook a jumper pack on the positive and negative to the pump and then it works, The only other way to make it run from the controller is to arc the red cable running from the pump to the solenoid and then it wants to always go to the right and it like winds up the pump if anybody could help that would be great thanks
  2. PlowboyVT

PlowboyVT Member
    from VT

Did you jump the two large posts on the solenoid? Could be bad.

Check grounds

Spread the 2 male prongs apart that are in the cable that comes from the motor(pump) There is a slot in each one.
  3. hc_treeclimber

hc_treeclimber Junior Member

No I just put a booster pack on the positive and the negative on the pump and it worked, but when everything is hooked up the way it is supposed to be all you hear is clicking when you push left,right,or up on the controller it will go down and thats it.and it did spread the two prongs and it didn't help any. I don't know what else to do like I said it only works when you arc the red cable from the pump to the solenoid is the only time it will run from the controller inside the cab
  4. Courtright11

Courtright11 Junior Member
    from Boston

Were you able to fix this problem? I am running into the same thing now.
  5. plowinginma

plowinginma Senior Member
    from MA

that would be a solenoid..#1 problem with an electric plow..
  6. MRBachand

MRBachand Senior Member

Even more reason to ALWAYS keep a spare one around.

12 buck spare part can save you alot of money should you need it midstorm.
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2009