1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM1 Problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by mayhem, Dec 7, 2011.

1. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Expecting a rainstorm to turn to snow overnight so I just hutched up the plow when I got home. Everything is plugged in and it working properly at Halloween. Raised the lift cylinder fine but a minute later it won't angle or lift anymore. Float works, lights work, fishstick lights up and has power and when I hit a button I can hear what I think is the underhood relay clicking, but no hydraulics function. I came in for dinner and will go back out in awhile, looking for suggestions.

I think its a power problem to the motor...maybe water or corrosion blew a fuse somewhere?

Thoughts?

2. Mgbss

Mgbss Junior Member

check your plugs for corrosion and all other electric connections

3. mayhem

from Peru MA

It occurs to me that I just moved my underhood power connectors from remote ground and power spots to new extended battery terminals. Maybe good to start there.

The more I think about it, its got to be a bad or loose main power or ground.

4. mayhem

from Peru MA

Fixed. The main hot wire from the battery to the relay needed a bit of time with doctor emery paper.

Lesson learned...annual maintenance should include pulling and cleaning all hot and ground wires.

5. Mgbss

Mgbss Junior Member

Glad you got it figured out Thumbs Up
    I coat all my plug pins with dialectic grease

6. mayhem

from Peru MA

Thats a good idea. It probably didn't help matters that the battery wire was on TOP of the split lock washer instead of under it, no wonder it had lousy contact!