1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mm1 plow wont move left or right

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by gardengreen, Nov 6, 2011.

1. gardengreen

gardengreen Junior Member
    from ri

I have a 1995 2 wheel drive Gas F-Superduty with an 8' mm1 plow.

First Question: The plow goes up and down fine but wont move left or right. I cleaned the filter and replaced the hyd. fluid yesterday and still wont move left or right. I replaced the controller last week. The other thing is that when I move the joystick left the plow goes up.
    I also purged the ram lines for the left and right.

Second: When I do operate the controller my battery meter drops way down. It is a new battery from NAPA. Cranking amps at 0 degrees = 890, Cranking Amps at 32 degrees = 1040 (I think). Its the battery that was listed in the application book at NAPA. I also told them I was running a plow and they said it was the right one.

Any help, opinions , advice would be greatly appreciated
  2. stainlessman

stainlessman Member

I have seen the tail of the hanging chain get bound between the piviot on a MM plow. It might be something to look at.
  3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

check your grill connectors. you might need to spread the pins apart just a little bit. had this happen to a few of my westerns, pulled apart the connectors and spread the pins, worked fine after. good luck