1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM1 Plow Swap Question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by BSDeality, Dec 8, 2006.

1. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

I asked this in the newbie area, but I think this would be a better place to get an answer.

I'm looking to get setup for a Fisher 6.8 plow for my 94 Toyota. Used plow I'm buying would come with joystick and possibly wiring harness off a 97 GMC Jimmy. I have an under carriage.

Can I reuse the harness off the GMC? From what I can tell, I think I need a 12 pin vehicle harness? Not sure what the GMC has.

I've called a few dealers trying to get a straight answer. One guy said $500 bucks for all the harnesses and relays/solenoids. Another $750 and another $700. Each person seems to rattle off more parts that I need. I don't know who to believe and the website wasn't very helpful for my year toyota.

Any help is good help as far as I'm concerned.
    Thanks,
    Matt

2. farmboss088

farmboss088 Junior Member

you can get the wiring from central parts warehouse, for a reasonable rate

3. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

The wiring is vehicle speciic so you will need to locate a complete set and purchase it.

I had the same problem with the two local Fisher dealers when I was looking for advice on purchasing a used plow...one said I would need to buy push plates, wires and they recommend I have them install it for about $1000, the other one said "I would never buy a used plow, ever...you're just paying for someone else's problems.", implying that the only reason anyone ever sells a used plow is because it must be broken. He wasted $4500 for a new plow and wouldn't discuss it further. When I finally located the plow I purchased it came complete with my vehicle-specific push plates and wiring and I called the dealers once again to buy the bolt bag for the push plates and they both gave me another run around because they didn't want to sell me anything less than the push paltes with the bolt bag as an additional charge. I finally had to order the whole plate assembly from one of them and since it had two part numbers on the invoice, refuse the push plates. It was a bit of a pain to say the least.

Its kind of tough, you can check EBay for the wires and you mgiht get lucky, but its true that you are taking a chance on the used stuff. I prefer to try and locate a product like this locally enough that I can go pick it up so I can examine it myself before I and the guy the check.

4. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I converted a 6.8' of a tacoma to a ranger. All I had to buy was the wiring for the lights. The fisher isolation box makes this easy. Pop out the #2 and #3 wiring harnesses. Then buy the ones for a toyota. They pop right in. And your ready to go for less than $100. Now the mounts are going to be fun to find. I assume you had a solid front axel on your 1994.

5. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

One guy said that I would need to convert it from 9pin on the plow to 12pin on the truck? Would that require a new iso. block?