1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM1 plow setup

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by f250plowguy, Feb 18, 2014.

1. f250plowguy

f250plowguy Junior Member
    from Mass

Well I recently bought an older style minute mount 1 plow. I bought it because I like the way the older ones were built and worked.

Well I am trying to hook it up to my 2004 f250 :laughing: funny I know
    Well I know its dumb but thats what I want to do. I just need some info to get started.
    Well first things first I need to get the pump mounted under the hood, I saw an f250 the other day and the guy converted in into a bucket truck and mounted a pump under the hood he just added a pulley to the power steering pump. I just can't seem to figure out which way my fisher plow pump spins so thats my first question. Then my second is, anyone thats reading this ever hear of such a conversion done. Thanks in advance

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Search PTO conversion kits. That might point you in a direction.
    And fyi its illegal to have a pump and headgear on not during plow season.

3. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

mm1 headgear comes off the truck. Search power steering pump. Some guys had the plow running off the power steering pumps. Or look for a used SEPH pump or cable operated pump. My under hood pump spins clockwise.

4. Stanggt24

Stanggt24 Junior Member

I live in Ma and I use De Santis Garage in Ware, ma give Dave a call there and ask him if it is illegal to have head gear and pump in Ma and also have him give u a quote to install if it can be done they are great people there family owned and run. Tell him Rich From Buccelli & Sons Plumbing Service gave u him number he will treat u good. (413) 967-4661. Dave

FYI they are about 15 min. Off the mass pike at the Palmer exit. Good luck ussmileyflag

5. dieselss

Really. Ok which ones stay on then?

6. quigleysiding

Its the speedcast I think

7. dieselss

Ok. That's prob what I was thinking when he said underhood pump my mistake

8. quigleysiding

They made a few mm1 with under hood pump. One of my dodges has one.

9. f250plowguy

f250plowguy Junior Member
    from Mass

Its not the speedcaster type its the regular Minute Mount just the first version where you had to go to each side and pull each pin out the minute mount 2 you pull one bar and it pulls both pins for you. But I like to idea of running it off of my power steering pump and I thought about it before and I talked to someone very knowledgeable and they said forget about it it will never work and one of his concerns was the fluid reservoir. Which is also my concern too. I found one here one other guy that tried this setup adn he said he hasn't had any problems and he loves it. Thats goo enough for me. He only put a little neck extender on his pump, and its not much for the amount of fluid needed for those pistons. Am I correct when I say this??

Thank you in advance

10. dieselss

do a search, theres a guy on here that did that to his plow. hes got schematics and a parts list etc. search p/s pump plow