1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mm1 pin problems

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mc1, Mar 1, 2007.

1. mc1

mc1 Senior Member

ive got a 5 year old fisher and it seems this year all the holes that have pins going thru them are oblong . the plow rattles and bounces and by the 14th or 15th hour my back and my trucks front springs are crying does any one have suggestions on how to repair this problem thanks

2. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I have two MM1s that are 8-9 years old now and the pins and holes are still good. Must be some real hard plowing.

I would thing you could drill them out bigger and then weld a steel busgings in.

What kind of truck is it? Might be easier to just look for parts on ebay.

Also check the pins themselves, usually they wear first.
  3. Idealtim

Idealtim Senior Member

I have a 10 year old mm1 that was not babied and when in transport, if I hover the blade anywhere but all the way up, it will bounce, jiggle, shake and do what ever it wants. However, if I raise the plow all the way up so it hits the stops it doesn't have any play in it what so ever. When you hit a bump with it all the way up(like I have it) it doesn't have anywhere to travel so it is ridgid against the truck. By the way-it doesn't matter whether or not its angeled. I don't know if this could be consittered a fix but it will take that bounce out of the plow.