1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM1 Owners

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by MRBachand, Oct 13, 2009.

1. MRBachand

MRBachand Senior Member

Can someone verify for me on their plow if these stops are there on yours? If so, do they look as large? Thanks.

Plow Stops 001.JPG

2. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

thats what I have

3. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Yup, same thing.

bump.jpg

bump.jpg

4. MRBachand

MRBachand Senior Member

Thanks guys....

I Can figure out why since I went to my bottom pin I'm stopping out with my blad only 2 inches off the ground... There is absolutely no up-angle to it when its raised, it hits the stops.

Repoman, do you have a picture like that of yours when its all the way up?

5. MRBachand

MRBachand Senior Member

Mine looks like ass after looking at your Repoman, but these are the pix I just took in the position it unloaded off my truck. Like I said, when I raise it up, blade goes about 2 inches off the ground with zero upangle happeneing, stops out piston barely gets to move. I wonder if the welder changed angles on something.........

He's really good, and had the old holes to work with but who knows.

Plow 001.JPG

Plow 002.JPG

Plow 003.JPG

Plow 004.JPG

6. MRBachand

MRBachand Senior Member

How about this comparison. This is the space I have between my stops and my a-frame from float,

Plow Tape 001.JPG

7. MRBachand

MRBachand Senior Member

Now I have a 10 inch piston in there, I should be able to get more than 3 inch travel.

Tape also shows the stop is 3 inches big.

8. RepoMan207

from Maine

The only reason mine looks so good is because I just overhauled it last season.

I am trying to figure out exactly what you have done here. Why did you swap to the bottom pin? I assume your talking about where the A frame meets the Headgear right?
    This is the only pic I have of it raised where you can see between the truck and plow.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. MRBachand

MRBachand Senior Member

Raised it because my it was really angled upwards (check thread Which holes do you use please).

NOw its angled good,... Your stops don't look anywhere near 3 inches tall however by the picture. Judging by the chain link, its roughly the same size as that.

10. RepoMan207

from Maine

Have you changed the Hydrulic fluid and cleaned out the resvoier recently? If yu don't know, then it is time to do it. It maybe in need of simple maintince.

11. RepoMan207

from Maine

Angled? You don't want it angled at all. If you mount it up & drop the blade. The A frame ~front to back~ should be level.

It could be that it takes more pressure to raise it now as the pivot point is different. There is adjustments that can be made on the pump.....I forget which is which though. B&B or Crash might know off hand. Also, if you went from top to bottom hole, your chain is out of adjustment as well.

12. MRBachand

MRBachand Senior Member

I'm rebuilding the lift cylinder, replacing a hose, all pins, and fluid flush and switch to Fisher fluid.

ITs working fine, it bottoms up on the stops, preventing it from lifting higher, piston barely travels.

Was decent on the top hole, as bottom 2 were blown out/cut off. Had welder fix, moved to bottom hole, thought i'd get more height.

I'm going to end up cutting an inch off the stops, and trying it then, cut more if I want moer.

My plow has been smashed really hard before I got it and rusted up badly (use to plow 495 highway on/off ramps) I plowed 3 seasons with it, and overhauling it now.

So I'm not sure whats factory, and what has been done prior to me.

I also have a 5/8" x 8" x 9' cutting edge on it, making it even heavier and lower....

Put that on last year.... Tons of beef hangin down on that bad boy.

13. MRBachand

MRBachand Senior Member

Chais is defanately out of alignment. Still doesn't resolve the issue that when I lift up it hits the stops with blade only 2 inches off the ground in front of truck.

When down, its damn near parallel with truck frame. But when I go to lift, it bottoms out on the stops.

Next time you get a chance can you throw a tape measure on your stops and measure the height of them?

14. RepoMan207

from Maine

Well, thats the problem, your holes are way off. Between that and the truck your putting on, where it sits higher, you would want the TOP hole. If I were you I would buy a new A frame rather then hacking your headgear up. They can be had new and used. Or I could sell you my plow and you can just pin the 9' on the front and keep the 8' as a back up....

15. RepoMan207

from Maine

Your not judging your measurements without mounting this to the truck are you?

16. RepoMan207

from Maine

I can...but It's in Tilton, NH in storage still. I'm over in Windham, ME. Hopefully when I go to pick it up it is to sell it.

17. MRBachand

MRBachand Senior Member

Had it loaded today, drove home from the welder with it.

I will let this conversations die for tonight until I can get fresh pictures tomorrow very detailed with it mounted on the truck.

I appreciate your time Repoman.

18. RepoMan207

from Maine

No problem, names Ryan. I'll look for your new post.

19. MRBachand

MRBachand Senior Member

Had it loaded today, drove home from the welder with it.

I will let this conversations die for tonight until I can get fresh pictures tomorrow very detailed with it mounted on the truck.

I appreciate your time Repoman.

There are also 3 different type of SEHP, 2500psi, 4000psi and 2500psi commercial., the later 2 have 10" lift piston, w/ 2"rams, the commercial having 2"x16" rams, vs 12" on the other, and smaller on the first.

Mine is the commercial with the 10" lift, and the 2"x16 rams.

20. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

You can cut down the stops or even eliminate them until you get the full extension of your lift piston.