1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM1 or MM2 Whats the difference

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by chs1993, Feb 11, 2011.

1. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

Was wondering if someone could tell me what the differences are between the mm1 and mm2?
  2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

The Difference between a mm1 and a mm2 is mm1s are two plugs and mm2 three plug,except the last year before mm2 came out.mm1s you have to push each pin into the pushplate where as a mm2 a lever is used to push the pins into the pushplates thus you having to walk around to the passenger side to lock the pin in.The mm2s also have a spring and cable which retracts the lift triangle down when you put the plow in float mode thus you having to push on the lift triangle to release the tension on the chain and collapse the lift ram .Fisher also changed the a-frames when the mm2 came out.
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  3. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

The spring and cable are to retract the lift triangle all the way down when you put the plow in float
  4. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

Wow! Thanks alot more of a difference than i thought!
  5. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Head gear is much stronger on a mm2 boxed as opposed to old angle iron on a mm1.
  6. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

7. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

MM1's also have the 3 plug Insta-act system that the MM2's have, older MM1's have the 2 plug SEHP pump system, and there are also early MM's that had the under hood belt driven hydraulic pumps.
  8. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

I have minute mount 2, and am thinking about buying a minute mount 1 for another truck are the 2 plug pumps as good as the 2? slower?
  9. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

I had 2 plug and 3 plug set ups on different trucks that I owned at the same time and went over to the 3 plug set ups because you will find that it's easier if one truck can move all plows rather than having plows being truck specific, if plow storage space is not an issue this might not be a concern, but to answer your questions those 2 plug SEHP set ups are fine, I have a couple friends still using them.
  10. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

SEHP are fine- they are a bit slower than the Insta-act set ups, but more then adequate in speed and they work just fine. Tons of MM1 setups still around working. I'm looking at the wiring- someone here used to sell conversion harnesses IIRC _ I think it would be pretty easy to make one.