1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM1 on MM2 Headgear?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by DieselTurfer HD, Jan 16, 2009.

1. DieselTurfer HD

DieselTurfer HD Junior Member

I am looking to upgrade my blade. I currently have a mm2 with a 7 1/2 and was wondering if a mm1 blade will work with my mm2 headgear?

Thanks Scott
  2. rawdog

rawdog Senior Member
    from Cape MA

dont think so... i know my mm1 cant take a mm2 blade
  3. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Here is a guide....They list what A frames except what blades.

You'll need to scroll to pages 19 thru 25. They have mesurments too if you think your Mygyver enough. :nod: If you don't already know EXACTLY what you have, you may want to start there obviously. You most likley can't go back to MM1 unless you have an earlier MM2, but there are options as far as blade swapping. Good luck! :waving:

Blades PDF
  4. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Here's a MMI head gear with a MM2 blade

SKYNYRD Senior Member

i don't remember if i posted pics of mine on my profile albums or not but we have a MM2 headgear on our dodge and we mounted a conventional blade to it with no modifications other than cutting out a space for the headgear jack and putting a piece of square tubing between the A-frame ears for support. used it all of last winter with no problems and haven't had any problems this winter either. i would say as long as the ears fit and the A-frame is long enough to keep the blade away from the bumper when fully angled u'll be all set.