1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM1 on 1996 2500 to 2005 2500hd

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by BigLou80, Nov 30, 2009.

1. BigLou80

BigLou80 Senior Member

Some one (who I think is less then honest) is trying to tell a friend of mine they can make a MM1 off of a 1996 chevy 2500 and make it fit on a 2005 2500hd

They said they can make the harness work as well as the push plates

The local plow vendor said NO WAY!

what say you all ? any thoughts on hacking the old harness in ?
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The wiring can work if the '96 has the HB3/HB4 lights but it's not correct (or safe) as it will tie both headlamps together on the newer truck. Which won't make the new truck all too happy.

Pushplates would be a hack job.
  3. BigLou80

BigLou80 Senior Member

whats not safe about it ? this person is pretty dim and the guy who says he can do it owes the dim one a lot of money
  4. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

He's gonna owe him more money when he's done:dizzy:
    Buy the correct parts,it's a $30k+ truck for gods sake,i'm sorry but i get a kick out of guys trying to nickel and dime equipment that makes them money.
  5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Couldn't agree more Arc. It floors me at times when guys risk a truck worth thousands and thousands of dollars to save $300.

These late model trucks you can not hack and butch the wiring in or you WILL have problems. Even half the plow manufacturer's have problems with making their wiring interface into the trucks as newer models come out without the truck throwing a fit.

Do it right or else keep a wad of payup or a fire extinguisher on hand at all times.. :nod:
  6. BigLou80

BigLou80 Senior Member

thats my attitude about everything, my house my truck ETC.

I don't know about this but most of the time labor is the big cost not parts(at least in my line of work). I loveGuys who want to install the cheapest **** they can get. They want to save $50 on a $100 part that wont last half as long when labor is $500

This guy is not to brite and his mechanic buddy is taking advanatge of him its sad to see