1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mm1 not working

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by dankdizzle1017, Jan 8, 2011.

1. dankdizzle1017

dankdizzle1017 Junior Member

I recently installed the wiring and push plates on my truck and I went to go pick up the plow and the control box light won't come on unless the plow power is disconnecte, but the others are. Everything is wired right but the control box doesn't come on. I tested the control box on my other truck and it works fine. What could be the issue. And the low beams don't work but the high beams work

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  2. snowman123

snowman123 Senior Member

Is the plow set up used did it come off of a different truck if so what truck and what truck is it going on now. I would check the pins in the plugs they might have to be changed around. Check to make sure you wired up the high beams correctly. Also make sure that the wire that comes off the control box is connected to a power source I am pretty sure the wire color is red hope that helps you.

3. dankdizzle1017

It came off of a 99 tnx 3500 and is going in a 04 gmc 1500. I bought all new wire harnesses and new relay. The only harness I didn't buy new was the light harness. It's just not making sense to me.

4. snowman123

snowman123 Senior Member

what is a 99 tnx 3500 sorry if it sounds dumb.

5. snowman123

snowman123 Senior Member

Did the plugs match where you plug the harness and the head lights together.

6. dankdizzle1017

I mean gmc. I bought new ones for the headlights. But the main problem is no power

7. snowman123

snowman123 Senior Member

Check all the contacts and did you connect the red wire from the controller box to 12V.

8. dankdizzle1017

I believe I did that is the wire that brings power to the lights right. When ever I would disconnect it the lights wouldn't work.

9. snowman123

snowman123 Senior Member

It's on the harness that comes through the fire wall that connects to the control it should be a red wire that comes off of the harness.

10. dankdizzle1017

Ok on the wiring diagram it shows that it is the accessory wire I will hook it up. I hope that does it

11. snowman123

snowman123 Senior Member

That is the wire that gives power to the controller if it is not hooked up their will be no power at the controller hook it up and let me know if that helps. Also do you have the joystick or the fish stick controller.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  12. dankdizzle1017

Plow works now just low beams I have to figure out thanks guys

13. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

Look at the plug from the factory lights to the plow harness. Most likely you will have to take the plow side plug apart and swap the wires. Unplug it and plug it in backwards, I bet you will find that the lights work fine.

14. dankdizzle1017

I swapped the wires and now no high beams but still betterthan no lights

15. jaybird

jaybird Member

is it a 4 port module. if so yellow or green label?

16. dankdizzle1017

3 port with new light harness. Green box. The control harness is from the other truck