1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM1 Not going down. Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Pcarrier0927, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Pcarrier0927

Pcarrier0927 Junior Member

Hello there. I have a Fisher 7 1/2' MM1 2 Plug 9 Pin. When I put it away last year everything was working fine. I hooked it up a few days ago and the plow will go left right and up no problem but will not go down. I first thought the fluid is bad so I gave it a fluid flush. That did not fix the problem. I then loosened the quill and the plow went all the way down with all of the weight on it. I tried to put the plow up and down as normal and that still didn't fix it. I also had a friend press down on the control and I played around with the connections but still nothing worked. I read that the S1 valve is the valve that keeps the plow not going down. So I tested the solenoid for S1 and it seemed shot. I got a brand new one on there and still nothing! The plow is not going down even with all of the weight on it unless I release the quill all the way and fluid spitting out. Can anyone give me any suggestions to fix the problem?!? I really don't want to spend $80 on a new valve if that definitely isn't the problem! I appreciate any input given!

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Do you have handheld controller on box?
    If handheld does the "float" light light up when u press dwn?
    You said the coil was shot, did you ck pwr when you pressed the dwn function?

3. Pcarrier0927

Its a box controller. On this controller the red light stays on no matter what direction you put the plow in. I read that if you have someone press the controller down the S1 solenoid should be magnetized. If it isn't magnetized that means that the solenoid is bad. So I went to the fisher store and bought a new one. Brought it back home installed it and plow is still not going down. I have read the forum for hours the past few days testing everything as I go. Nothing seems to be working. The only thing left from what I ready was the valve inside is stuck and is not letting the plow go to float mode.

4. dieselss

Wait wait wait just b/c the coil isn't magnetized doesnt mean its bad. You have to ck for pwr and gnd at the coil while the dwn function in being used.
    I know the box controller,,,,all you need is a rubber band and a test light, maybe a long jumper lead as well.

5. Pcarrier0927

Well the solenoid is already installed! It was only $16 so I guess its a good thing just to install it now then have it break down on me when I am out there in a blizzard! What else could it be? Its not the solenoid because its brand new. The plow goes every way except down...

6. dieselss

The coil. Not the solenoid. The coil is what's around the valve. That's what you have to ck pwr and gnd at.
    The solenoid or relay is under the hood of your tk

7. Pcarrier0927

I am sorry ive been saying solenoid this whole time! I bought a new *Coil* and replaced that. Still nothing

8. dieselss

Ok. You NEED to ck for signal pwr at the coil when you go dwn on the joystick

9. Pcarrier0927

Update! I brought the Coil and Cartridge to the Fisher store today and they tested it and said that they are both good. They also stated that it has to be something wrong with the wiring or joystick. Anything you guys can think of to help me? Since last season to this season I have not moved the wiring what so ever.
    Thanks for all the help!

10. dieselss

Did you do the test that I asked you to do

11. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Do what Diesels suggested use a test light and check for power to that coil from YOUR truck set up.

12. dieselss

so,,,,,,,,what did you find out??

13. dieselss

Guess its to hard of a test