1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mm1 motor stuck on

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by matt 42, Jan 22, 2012.

1. matt 42

matt 42 Junior Member

Last night one of my guys called and said the truck died (99 f350 mm1 pump/motor outside the truck)(2 plug). I figured it was the alternater and another guy couldn't jump it. When I tried I realized the plow motor was on instantly when I hooked up cables. Unplugged plow and jumped truck no problem. Drove it home and is in the garage.
    Truck is fine b but as soon as I hook up plow the motor runs and I can't get it to stop.
    Where do I start?

2. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

The solenoid is stuck, you can try and give it a smack to try and get you through the night but it will stick again. Time to replace it

3. matt 42

matt 42 Junior Member

I,ve never messed with the selenoid. Is there only one. Is it located under the hood on the firewall or is it outside on plow next to plow motor/pump?

4. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Not a Fisher guy but I'm pretty sure it's under the pump cover, will have the large power wire from the battery going in/out of it and 1 or 2 small terminals with small wires going to them. I don't know if Fisher uses 1 or 2 post solenoids

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Should be under hood near battery. Follow the added pos cable and see where it goes. Before you condemn the solenoid, ck the 2 small terminals first. One should be gnd one should be nothing. If its hot, pos, without touching controller, you have controller issue

6. matt 42

matt 42 Junior Member

Awesome that's the selenoid I was thinking of. Thank you so much guys. This was my first time on the site. My question answered in minutes. Awesome! Pats/Bruins rule!