1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM1 motor runs, no raise or angle.

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by yourownself, Feb 23, 2013.

1. yourownself

yourownself Junior Member

edit: i just realized that i should have posted this in the repair forum rather than here. Mods, if you need to move or delete this thread, please do. sorry for any inconvenience.

so i have a really crappy MM1 SEHP plow, 2 wire setup, new fluid in reservoir this fall, new motor last winter.
    i am having strange intermittent issues with my setup, and i'm pretty sure it just needs to be rewired, but you guys would probably know a lot better than i about all that.

earlier today i was able to raise and lower, but the plow would only raise using the left button, and as it was raising the blade, it would look as if it were trying to angle left, but that could have been my imagination.
    right now i am getting no fuction but lower
    NO magnetism to S1, S2, or S3.
    S2 feels like it is magnetic even with the plugs disconnected
    the motor runs when any button is pressed but sounds as if it is strained.
    i already removed and cleaned the filter.

i am also having a hard time getting the fishstik to power on when the truck is first turned on, but it seems to be an intermittent problem that i am unable to reproduce on command.

all lights work as they should.

any advice?

and before anyone says "do a search" i did, but could not find anything that matched my exact symptoms.

TIA

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like your controller might be going bad
    If its a fishstick. They are known to go bad

3. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I would have to agree with the above post.The circuit boards are known to go bad on the fishstiks.Do you have access to another controller by chance? If you have another controller to test it that would rule out if it is the controller.